***Apologies for cross posting***

E-learning event 28 November               BoB National webinars                 New course dates

Dear colleagues

We hope you had a good summer.  We've been busy responding to our member's needs, preparing a packed schedule of courses and events for the autumn term and addressing key issues in the audiovisual world. Find out more below.

As always, we appreciate feedback, so let us know if there are any news items or sector updates that you think we should include in our next newsletter - just reply to this email.

Across space and time: BUFVC AGM

Whether you call it virtual, distance or digital learning: how much education do you think happens online?

Digital technologies play a huge role in the delivery of education, which is why we will be discussing this at our annual general meeting on Friday 28 November at the Geological Society, central London.  Why not come and hear what those shaping the world of e-learning have to say, and join in the debate?

The event will also include updates on copyright and the new unified ERA licence, as well as on BUFVC current projects and new resources, concluding with our annual general meeting.

Friday 28 November, 11am - 3pm (AGM 3pm - 4pm)
The Geological Society, Piccadilly, London

Book your place now »

Boxing clever: television as a teaching tool

In case you missed it, take a look at this article in the Times Higher Education by Chris Willmott, National Teaching Fellow at the University of Leicester, all about using audiovisual resources as a teaching and learning resource.

Chris cites the BUFVC's Box of Broadcasts as a key resource for helping lecturers and students alike access television and radio content, describing the service as follows: "Essentially a giant TiVo box in the cloud, BoB National stores more than 1 million television and radio programmes online."

Read the full article »

Free BoB National webinars
Do you subscribe to BoB National?  Are you a new user, interested in making the most of the service?  Or is your institution thinking about joining, but wants to find out more first?

We have a series of free webinars scheduled in the coming term covering all aspects of the resource:

-       An introduction to BoB National: Tuesday 21 October, 1-2pm
-       Discovering content: Thursday 23 October, 1-1.30pm
-       Recording: Tuesday 4 November, 1-1.30pm
-       Clips and playlists: Thursday 6 November, 1-1.30pm
-       Embedding: Tuesday 11 November, 1-1.30pm
-       Admins: Thursday 13 November, 1-1.30pm

Why not forward this to a member of your team, to get the most out of our free BoB webinars?
Discover more »

British Universities Film & Video Council

77 Wells Street
London W1T 3QJ
tel: 020 7393 1500
fax: 020 7393 1555

bufvc.ac.uk

Join us on Twitter: @bufvc

moving image and sound, knowledge and access

Learning on Screen 2015

Entries to Learning on Screen 2015 open on Monday 13 October. The 2015 ceremony will take place on Thursday 23 April at the BFI Southbank - watch this space for updates.

Discover more »

New course dates

Our popular copyright course returns on Wednesday 12 November, and think visual is taking place on Thursday 20 November. Follow the links to find out more and book online.

Discover more »

TRILT tutorial videos

Watch our new TRILT video tutorials, designed to help those using the TV and Radio Index for Learning and Teaching and the off-air back-up recording service available to members.

Watch the videos »

British Universities Film & Video Council
77 Wells Street, London W1T 3QJ
tel: 020 7393 1500 · fax: 020 7393 1555 · bufvc.ac.uk

The BUFVC is a limited company registered in England (no. 955348) and
registered as a charity (no. 313582)

The BUFVC is part-funded by

Helen Fitton
Marketing and Events Manager

British Universities Film & Video Council
77 Wells Street, London W1T 3QJ
tel: 020 7393 1512
www.bufvc.ac.uk
moving image and sound, knowledge and access

Sign up for our BoB National webinars

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/bufvc

--
This e-mail (including attachments) and the information it contains are confidential and may be privileged.
If you have received this e-mail in error please delete it from your system. Unless you are the intended recipient, you should not copy this e-mail for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.

The British Universities Film & Video Council (BUFVC) is a limited company registered in England under company number 955348, registered as a charity No. 313582, whose registered office is at 77 Wells Street, London W1T 3QJ