Sorry for the late response to this thread, I've been on leave.

To pick up on the point below. We did commission a professional digital contractor who scoped our project and based on what we want and what we can manage and maintain has provided us with a digital project design brief, which maps out exactly what we want and how we want it. It is from this that the budget we will advertise along with the brief and technical specification has been derived.

I should also add that the digital products and concept are all based themselves on feedback from extensive audience and user consultation, on which the design brief and technical specification are based.

All of the above was part of our Round 2 HLF development phase work.

Each element of what we want has been costed and a design specification written to match. So in theory, the amount we are allocating should be more than enough to produce what we want. I suppose whether we end up with a Ford or a Bentley depends on who we employ as it seems that the quality to cost ratio is as much driven by the fine detail of what we want as it is to a particular companies approach, overheads, price structure, charges, etc.

Hopefully once we advertise it will all be clear. It is where best to advertise that we haven't covered, though I've had some really good feedback and will be responding to those who've replied with advice over the course of the next few days.

Thank you all,

Peter

Peter Robinson
Assistant Manager
Human History and Building Management (Cusworth Hall)
Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery
Chequer Road
Doncaster
DN3 1QQ

Tel: Doncaster Museum & Art Gallery 01302 734290 or
Cusworth Hall & Park 01302 782342
Fax: 01302 735409
E-mail: [log in to unmask]