Hi all,

As you might know the Museums Association is currently reviewing the Code of Ethics with a view to widening its focus beyond collections.

One area we're looking at is digital technology (apps, websites, touch screens etc) and social media.

I'm in the process of collating some of the most pressing ethical issues in this area. For example, one issue that has come up in some of our consultations with members is digital exclusion, but I think there are probably much wider ethical issues that the MA's Ethics Committee needs to consider.

I'd be really interested to hear your views on this - you can email me off list if you prefer on [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Rebecca Atkinson
Online publications editor - Museum Practice and Museums Journal
Museums Association
Tel: 01274 404851
Twitter: @rebeccaa_ma
email: [log in to unmask]