Hello,

Does anyone here make their reading lists metadata available to search on their library catalogue?

At UCL we use Primo as our catalogue (named locally as ‘Explore’) and, at the moment, I run a monthly Aspire report of new reading lists and make their basic metadata (course code, title, url to module level) searchable in our catalogue.  Students can then search the catalogue for course code or title and their reading lists will be amongst the results.

One obvious pitfall is that this is static data; throughout the year course codes, academic names etc. are altered on Aspire, rendering the catalogue inaccurate.  Before I start re-inventing the wheel, I wondered if any institutions have set up a dynamic link between Aspire and their catalogue?  I would be grateful for any comments on this!

Many thanks
Hazel

--

Hazel Ingrey

Acting Co-ordinator, Teaching and Learning Support Section (TLSS)

UCL Library Services

University College London

Gower Street

London WC1E 6BT

email: [log in to unmask]

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7679 2087 (extension: 32087)

For online reading lists, digitised readings & copyright advice:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/Library/teachsup.shtml

To unsubscribe from the LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE&A=1