From: Talis Aspire Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ingrey, Hazel
Sent: 02 September 2014 16:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Aspire searchable on library catalogues?

Hello,

Does anyone here make their reading lists metadata available to search on their library catalogue?

At UCL we use Primo as our catalogue (named locally as 'Explore<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/explore/>') and, at the moment, I run a monthly Aspire report of new reading lists and make their basic metadata (course code, title, url to module level) searchable in our catalogue.  Students can then search the catalogue for course code or title and their reading lists will be amongst the results.

One obvious pitfall is that this is static data; throughout the year course codes, academic names etc. are altered on Aspire, rendering the catalogue inaccurate.  Before I start re-inventing the wheel, I wondered if any institutions have set up a dynamic link between Aspire and their catalogue?  I would be grateful for any comments on this!

Many thanks
Hazel

--
Hazel Ingrey
Acting Co-ordinator, Teaching and Learning Support Section (TLSS)

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7679 2087 (extension: 32087)

For online reading lists, digitised readings & copyright advice:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/Library/teachsup.shtml