Direct live deposit by the author with the default set to immediate Button-mediated Restricted Access (RA) (till the library vetting clears it to Open Acess (OA)) would be absolutely splendid!

(it would be even better if authors who wished to do so could over-ride the RA default and set access to immediate OA. (The result of the library vetting could then be communicated to the author directly once it’s done.)

Best wishes,

Stevan Harnad