Call for papers, 2015 NeMLA in Toronto, Canada, April 30 - May 3.

Italy in the 1970s: Between Lead and Flowers

This panel seeks to investigate how literature, cinema, visual arts, and historiography essays and narratives responded to or represented the 1970s or, more specifically, the Moro affair. The panel is especially, but not exclusively, interested in papers on: i) memoir writings - by relatives of victims and former terrorists alike; and ii) graphic novels. Papers can analyze fiction or non-fiction published from the 1970s to the present, provided the texts represent, illustrate, or speak of the 1970s decade.

Chair: Sciltian Gastaldi

Area: Italian

Cross: Culture & Media Studies

Here is a link to the session proposal.

https://nemla.org/convention/2015/cfp.html#cfp15062
To submit a 200-word proposal, please go to www.nemla.org and follow the instructions there to create a user account, and submit your abstract directly to my session. You do not need to cc me.

History, Stories: Revisiting History in Literature, Cinema, Essays, and Memoirs

This roundtable aims at exploring the complex experiences of Italian people worldwide through the lenses of historiography, literature, cinema, social studies, and popular culture. We are particularly interested in analyzing memoirs, historiographical essays, historical novels, historical graphic novels, historical films and documentaries, and sociological studies that narrate the history of Italy and of Italian minorities (from gays to new Italians), the history of Italian emigration, and/or the history of immigration to Italy.

https://nemla.org/convention/2015/cfp.html#cfp15064

Chair: Sciltian Gastaldi

Area: Italian

Cross: Culture & Media Studies

To submit a 200-word proposal, please go to www.nemla.org and follow the
instructions there to create a user account, and submit your abstract
directly to my session. You do not need to cc me.

Deadline is September 30, 2014

Villa in San Felice Circeo for rent (weekly and monthly), 115 km South of Rome, on the Tyrrhenian Sea.
If you are planning to spend part of your sabbatical in Italy, please consider this solution: a refurbished villa behind the San Felice Circeo’s lighthouse, in front of the Pontine archipelago. Secluded place within the National Park, ideal for reading, writing and sun bathing. 3 bedrooms, ideal for 6 adults. Not ideal for kids under the age of 5 and people without a car. More info at: http://www.homelidays.it/casa-vacanze/p1470305 Best, Sciltian

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies