From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Miles, Daniel
Sent: 19 September 2014 09:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Collaborating for better research - Using HERs and Grey Literature for Academic Research

Hi all,

Following up to my post last week on the IfA Research and Impact Special Interest Group's day conference next week in Leicester (24th). http://www.archaeologists.net/news/140822-collaborating-better-research-conference
I forgot to mention that Im chairing a discussion after the first two speakers on Using HERs and Grey Literature for Academic Research.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions or ideas/themes that I can raise in this discussion at the conference then please let me know - on or off list.

The session is below and more details with abstracts can be found through the link above.  The conference presentations will be videoed and made available online.

Best wishes

Dan

Session 1

Using HERs and Grey Literature for Academic Research

1 Dr Anwen Cooper, Institute of Archaeology, University of Oxford

The English Landscape and Identities project: interpreting characterful data on an unprecedented scale

2 Dr Martyn Allen, University of Reading

Rural settlement in Roman Britain and the impact of developer-funded archaeology

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.

Portico: your gateway to information on sites in the National Heritage Collection; have a look and tell us what you think.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/archives-and-collections/portico/