Dear GNHRE members,

Please see the message below from Harry Jonas.

Warm regards,

Anna

From: Harry Jonas <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 08 September 2014 13:59
To: Anna Grear
Cc: Dilys Roe
Subject: Human Rights Standards for Conservation

Dear Anna - I'd be grateful if you would circulate this to the GNHRE listserv. Many thanks.

Dear colleagues

Despite increased recognition that conservation initiatives can violate the human rights of Indigenous peoples and local communities, addressing 'unjust' conservation remains a contemporary problem.

IIED and Natural Justice are producing a series of technical reports with the aim of providing clear guidance about the human rights obligations of conservation actors, and setting out specific details of the rights and forms of redress available.

An overview of the work is available here

The first report is available in Spanish and English. The overall findings will be the subject of a session in Stream 7 at the World Parks Congress. Please be in touch directly with the authors if you would like to comment on the documents, discuss any aspect of the work more generally or be involved in the session in November. We look forward to hearing from you.

All the best

Dilys Roe and Harry Jonas

--
Natural Justice:  Website  |  Blog  |  Facebook  |  Film: Rooibos Robbery

Community Protocols Website  |  Toolkit   Publication  |  Film in English Espaņol Francais

To unsubscribe from the GNHRE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GNHRE&A=1