Dear all,

Below is an update on the email I sent last week introducing
the RAS200 project to celebrate the Royal Astronomical Society's
bicentenary by bringing astronomy and geophysics to sectors that
would not normally be exposed to them.  The BGA is encouraging
geophysicists to get involved with this project (much geophysics
has the advantage that it can be done in the daytime!).  You
don't have to be a member of the RAS to get involved.  The main
thing is to get a non-geophysical organisation involved
that can pass your geophysics on to its members/clients/customers.

Please contact Sheila Kanani for details or see the
RAS website page at http://www.ras.org.uk/200

Regards,
Sheila Peacock,
list co-owner, RAS Council member.