News from the Human Connectome Project (HCP)

September 10, 2014

HCP Processing Pipelines Released

​The WU-Minn HCP Consortium is pleased to announce the open source release of HCP data processing pipelines at https://github.com/Washington-University/Pipelines
. To download, click releases (near the top of the page), then under v3.4.0, click the “Source code (zip)” or “Source code (tar.gz)” button.

These v3 pipelines were used to process HCP image data from the HCP 500 Subjects Release (June 2014).

The HCP Pipelines are set of tools (primarily, but not exclusively, shell scripts) for processing MRI images for the Human Connectome Project. Among other things, these tools implement the Minimal Preprocessing Pipeline (MPP) described in Glasser et al. 2013.

We are releasing the HCP Pipelines now for use to the community, but we are still in the process of making the scripts more robust, well-documented, and usable in other environments (other versions of operating systems, other queueing systems, other versions of prerequisite tools, etc.). We cannot guarantee that you will not have to make modifications to the scripts for them to be used successfully in your environment.

The HCP Pipelines require installation of FSL 5.0.6, FreeSurfer v5.3.0-HCP, and Connectome Workbench v1.0. See the README.md in the GitHub repository for detailed information on prerequisite software versions, installation and processing instructions, example data, and processing resource requirements.  Answers to frequently asked questions can also be found on our Github Repository: HCP Pipeline FAQ.

We encourage user feedback and improvement suggestions on the HCP Pipeline tools and the documentation.  Discussion of HCP Pipeline usage and improvements can be posted to the hcp-users discussion list. Sign up for hcp-users at http://humanconnectome.org/contact/#subscribe

Best,

The WU-Minn HCP Consortium

Jennifer Elam, Ph.D.
Outreach Coordinator, Human Connectome Project
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Box 8108
660 South Euclid Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
314-362-9387
www.humanconnectome.org