1. Post screenshots; I don't know what you mean.
2. FA is never negative. I don't think MD can be, either.
3. The bvecs file is the only one containing the directions (I think). bvals contains the b-values, and the nii file is the image itself.
4. Read papers by Behrens et al. and Jbabdi et al. to learn what bedpost does.
5. I could be wrong, but step 2 might just compute the registration, whereas step 3 actually applies them to the data.