Hello,

in a current analysis, we had some activity that was clearly outside the
brain, but it was obvious that it belongs to structures close by. We
thought that better registration could improve the results.

We tried BBR (func to highres) and nonlinear 12 dof, 10mm warp
resolution (highres to standard). We are very satisfied with the
separate reg results. However, the end result of func to standard shows
that a segment of func is lying outside the registered areas. It seems
that the registrations takes place before smoothing and that this step
could result in the described effect. We tried also applying a field
map, but the result did not change.

Here is a link to to an example_func2standard picture:
http://i.imgur.com/Jc6CBRJ.png

Is this results avoidable (e.g. reduce smoothing, better registration),
just a byproduct or maybe even normal?

I would appreciate your input.

Thank you,
Andrej