Dear All,

I'm pleased to announce that following a small amount of funding from City University London, the Researching Asylum in London (RAL) website is once again up and running: http://www.researchasylum.org.uk/

RAL was originally a project linked to the Information Centre about Asylum and Refugees (ICAR) which sadly folded following a funding shortfall. With volunteer support, principally through the efforts of Lilly Carlisle as Research Coordinator, the site is now being updated with summaries of research on issues relevant to asylum seeking communities in London. The basic structure of the resource remains the same and users can search via theme, London Borough, or community. I'm pleased to say that the number of users in London, elsewhere in the UK and internationally is growing and we are receiving positive feedback.

If you have, or know of asylum related research, that is relevant to London and which would benefit from sharing more widely please let us know (using the contact details on the website or to my email: [log in to unmask]). The research will be summarised, cross referenced and made available through the various search routes.

All the best,

Chris and Lilly

--
Dr Christopher McDowell
Reader in Political Anthropology

Tel: 020 7040 4571
Email: [log in to unmask]
Staff Profile: http://www.city.ac.uk/intpol/Staff/McDowell.html

Director, Researching Asylum in London www.researchingasylum.org.uk
Member, Centre for Memory and Law http://www.city.ac.uk/arts-social-sciences/psychology/research/centre-for-memory-and-law

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the
Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by Forced Migration
Online, Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International
Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the
views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or
re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or
extracts should include attribution to the original sources.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Posting guidelines: http://www.forcedmigration.org/research-resources/discussion/forced-migration-discussion-list-posting-guidelines