From: Digital Learning Network DLNet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stuart Berry
Sent: 05 September 2014 12:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: DLNET Surgery: online 'learning' resources

Hello DLNET!

Our surgery is now open...

First quick question for you all: are there any really good examples of online learning resources (for 'informal learning' audiences) out there?

In my blog, I cited Nature Detectives as a great example (http://www.naturedetectives.org.uk/); simple resources to be used by younger audiences (supervised by parents or teachers) - most of it is stuff that could supplement classroom activities, but most of it will also work well for families at home or when out exploring...

I know that informal learning audiences will probably not go for content that is labelled as 'learning', so how do we ensure that good content is also appealing?

Any thoughts or discussions on this would be more than welcome!

Thanks,

Stuart

DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]

For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET