From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Walmsley
Sent: 05 September 2014 14:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Difference between a masters and undergrad study

Afternoon,

I wonder if anyone might be to help me articulate the difference between a masters and undergrad study in a way that will persuade SFE to agree to carry out a new needs assessment for a student?

The student is visually impaired and was assessed by in 2010. I've made a case that she will be undertaking a substantially higher amount of reading and independent study, but they have replied by saying "we need more information on how the course itself is substantially different, and how this will impact the student".

Any suggestions welcome,

David Walmsley
Disability & Wellbeing Support Manager
Registry & Student Support
Institute of Education
University of London

Tel. 020 7612 6604
Fax. 020 7612 6185

[Twitter button]<https://twitter.com/IOE_DWS>    [cid:image004.jpg@01CDCD74.8EB4DAD0] <http://www.youtube.com/ioelondonvideo>    [cid:image006.jpg@01CDCD74.8EB4DAD0] <http://www.flickr.com/photos/ioelondon/>   [http://www.microsoft.com/web/handlers/webpi.ashx?command=getimage&guid=f67accd3-8455-4830-b1d7-eef8959c0325] <http://ioelondonblog.wordpress.com/>
Mailing address:
Institute of Education
20 Bedford Way
London
WC1H 0AL
[IOE IO email signature August 2014 update HQ]

The Institute of Education: Number 1 worldwide for Education, 2014 QS World University Rankings