certainly creative, Claire :  )

I thought Robin's definition was pretty good:

​"
if a student has to use a Mac to access course-related software, then
the course is Mac based".

I think these days that probably just means they use Logic (music
production) or Final Cut (video production).

As for 'has to', that's harder. What if there is just one optional module
where they use either of those programs? For me, that's not 'mac-based'.

I usually email the course leader with a definition of 'mac-based' (as
above, perhaps with a bit more detail) and ask them literally for a 'yes'
or 'no' response. It seems to work. I haven't had any 'what on earth do you
mean?' responses yet.

Or, if the Art Dept is completely deserted over the summer (often is), put
the onus on the student to get a response from the course leader. That
ALWAYS works.

NB - I did an MA in Mulitmedia Production at John Moores Uni, which most
definately IS mac-based. I passed the course using a PC. Not with flying
colours, mind, but that was nothing to do with the platform ..

Regards

Mike Parry
Study Needs Assessor/AT Trainer