With regards,

John

Sent from my iPad

On 22 Sep 2014, at 16:49, "Holtam, Gemma" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

My view point is that of a student as I am unsure of the AT policy at the college where I work.

What has always put me off with engaging in AT training is that it was offered at the start of the academic year when I’ve been really busy with lessons and placement inductions. If it could have been authorised to take place in the weeks running up to the start of the year I  would have been much more likely to attend.

Gemma
From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tim Symons
Sent: 22 September 2014 16:38
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Making AT Training appealing - how do you encourage your students to take up Training?

Hello all

Once again, I am wrestling with new ideas and ways of trying to increase the response rate and take-up of students who have been agreed Training in their equipment.

We currently contact all our students regularly by email, text and phone call to try encourage them to take up the support to which they are entitled. We emphasise the huge benefits of professional Training to get the most out of their equipment.

Could I ask what other colleagues use as methods? And how effective they are?

Some idea of your Training service’s level of take-up would be useful too, if you are prepared to share the information.

By all means email me off list.

Many Thanks

Tim Symons | Training Co-ordinator/Needs Assessor/AT Trainer | Access SUMMIT – Accessibility Resources and Services | St Peter's House | Oxford Road | Manchester | M13 9GH

Tel:-<tel:-> 0161 275 0990 | Email:- [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | Web:- www.access-summit.org.uk<www.access-summit.org.uk%20> | www.supportingstudents.org.uk

Support Charge Rates and Information:- http://www.nnac.org/wiki/index.php?title=Access_SUMMIT

Visit Access SUMMIT’s LinkedIn Page:-
http://www.linkedin.com/company/access-summit/

Please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you wish to comment on any aspect of the service you have received from Access Summit
This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named recipient and may be confidential. If you are not the named recipient please email the sender immediately then delete this message. You should not disclose the content, distribute or retain any copies of this message.
Please note that Access SUMMIT does not consider email to be a secure method for communication as it is possible for information to be intercepted and read by third parties during transit.  Therefore if you do correspond with us by email, we will take this to mean that you understand and accept this risk.

If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and spam by MailScanner<http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is
believed to be clean.