That's very useful Rich, thank you.

Why the particular distinction between teaching and assessment?

I guess you could argue that the phrase:

*In your opinion, would a student be able to carry out their ICT based work
on this course using a 'standard computer'?*

isn't vastly different in meaning from - is the course "solely mac-based".
But the wording is certainly better.

Regards

Mike Parry
Study Needs Assessor/AT Trainer