Surely following the logic that all students can afford a computer now
then there's also no need for any general computer workstations in the
library and other parts of the campus any more either. I'm sure the govt
via HEFCE could save alot of money on those massive equipment and
support contracts that their mates in the big computer companies land
every year, along with software site licences, IT support departments ...

Ian