From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tim Turner
Sent: 29 September 2014 08:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Anonymising real data

It’s equally often a significant risk to assume that ICO knows what it is talking about; they are often out of step with the Directive and always keen to find an answer to make big Data Controllers happy, rather than the correct one. Start with personal data, and one is at greater risk of the data staying identifiable, or the un-anonymised data being input by mistake. There is no simple, easy answer to this.

Tim Turner