Dear Friends of Geography,

We are delighted to announce that the Department of Geography at Simon Fraser University will host the 9th Annual Critical Geographies Mini-Conference.

The event will take place at SFU Woodward’s (downtown Vancouver) on Saturday, November 22 , 2014.

The emphasis is on creating a friendly, engaging, and fun space for critical geographers, especially – but by no means only – graduate students. We welcome papers from across the field of geography (human, physical, GIS), and from spatially oriented scholars in other disciplines that seek to engage with and contribute to the critical geography project. The mini-conference is open to students, faculty members, and members of the public. There is no fee for attending or participating.

The mini-conference website is here: http://www.sfu.ca/criticalgeographies.html

Please forward this email to interested colleagues, students, and friends.

Many thanks,
Paul Kingsbury, Eugene McCann, and the Mini-Conference Steering Committee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul Kingsbury, Associate Professor,
Department of Geography, Simon Fraser University,
8888 University Drive, Burnaby, BC, V5A 1S6, Canada
Home page

New books:
Psychoanalytic Geographies (2014, Ashgate)
Paul Kingsbury and Steve Pile, eds.
Details are here

Soundscapes of Wellbeing in Popular Music (2014, Ashgate)
Gavin J Andrews, Paul Kingsbury & Robin Kearns, eds.