Dear all,

This past week the 4th international conference on Degrowth was celebrated in Leipzig (http://leipzig.degrowth.org/en/ ).

It was a huge and unprecedented success, attracting major interest from the media and society in Germany. There were 3000 participants, 1000 of them presenting papers, from all sort of different scientific communities and disciplines. The quality of papers was extremely high, and the conference materialized the degrowth spirit with participatory assemblies discussing the political proposals of degrowth, artistic events and interventions, training in civil disobedience outside a coal power plant, and  a “reclaim the streets” demonstration in Leipzig, with which the conference concluded (see photos here: http://goo.gl/ojwJCx).

You can find videos from various presentations in the conference here (http://leipzig.degrowth.org/en/edited-videos/).

Among many others, those that I followed and recommend include an introductory course on what is degrowth (video: http://leipzig.degrowth.org/en/introductory-course-degrowth-what/), the opening panel of the conference (http://goo.gl/gVzIYY), a plenary by Naomi Klein on her new book and Alberto Acosta on degrowth and post-development (http://leipzig.degrowth.org/en/video-opening-event/), a thought-provoking plenary by Michel Bauwens on peer-to-peer digital commons and degrowth (http://goo.gl/h5yBU4) and the closing plenary panel on “what next for degrowth” (http://goo.gl/9Q6uxH).

I hope you find some of this material interesting.

Best,

--
Giorgos Kallis,
ICREA Professor,