From: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 18/09/2014 11:34:33 GMT Daylight Time
Subj: Jobs, education and a sustainable future

Dear Colleagues,

UCU has produced, with our partners in the Greener Jobs Alliance, a '10 step towards sustainability skills' leaflet. We hope you will find it useful in discussions around education policy in the lead up to the general election.
http://www.ucu.org.uk/media/pdf/t/2/GJA_DL_leaf_sept14-1.pdf

There are a number of events taking place where we plan to promote the 10 steps identified to bridge the 'employability' gap. These start with the 'International fight for Climate Jobs' Conference at London Met on Saturday, September 20th, 2014.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1449652681972280/permalink/1466689416935273/

Between now and May, 2015 we will be looking to raise these issues at UCU, TUC and NUS events and would welcome feedback on other opportunities for education for sustainable development to be flagged up.

Regards

Graham Petersen
UCU Environment Co-ordinator
Carlow Street,