*Apologies for cross-posting and to those outside of the region*

*Just a reminder about the new Cardigan Continuum group. Less than two
weeks to go until our first meeting! Please do get in touch if you are
interested in coming along.*

*Cardigan Continuum Comes to the South!*

We are excited to announce that a new Cardigan Continuum group is being
formed in the South of England.

Cardigan Continuum is an archives and records management reading group
which aims to meet regularly for discussion of a relevant text and the
consumption of tasty beverages. Groups already meet in London, the North
West and North East, so we figured it was about time the South got a bit of
the action too.

The first ever meeting will be held in *Winchester* on *Thursday
18thSeptember* from about *7:30pm*. We will announce a venue when we have
an idea of numbers, but it will be somewhere within walking distance of the
railway station. We hope to hold other meetings elsewhere in the region in
future.

The text under discussion will be ‘Reinventing Archival Methods’ by Cassie
Findlay, which is available online:
http://rkroundtable.org/2014/02/05/reinventing-archival-methods-in-the-hague/.
This looks at some strategies for coping with managing digital information
and covers both the archives and RM perspectives, so hopefully there will
be something for everyone to think about!

If you are interested in attending, please email [log in to unmask] to
let us know and we will send you more details nearer the time. Please also
get in touch if you can’t make this date but would be interested in
attending future meetings.

Best wishes -we hope to be sharing a pint with some of you soon,

*Sarah Gerrard* (in Hampshire) and *Kate Watson* (in Dorset)

*email:* [log in to unmask]

*web:* http://thecardigancontinuum.wordpress.com/