FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Beth Kilmarx <[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Subject: [archives] FY2013 Preservati​on Statistics Survey Report available
To: "Archives & Archivists (A&A) List" <[log in to unmask]>

Good morning,

I am forwarding this message on behalf of colleagues as it may be of interest to SAA members.

Beth
CALM RBMS Liaison

Beth Turcy Kilmarx, M.A., M.L.S.
Curator of Rare Books
Special Collections Bibliographer
Special Collections and Archives
Binghamton University Libraries
Binghamton University
PO Box 6012
Binghamton NY 13902-6012

We are pleased to announce the release of the FY2013 Preservation Statistics Survey Report:
http://www.ala.org/alcts/sites/ala.org.alcts/files/content/resources/preserv/presstats/FY2013PreservationStatistics.pdf

Forty institutions responded to the FY2013 Preservation Statistics Survey; their data allowed analysis of preservation activities for fiscal year 2013 (as defined by the respondent’s institution) and facilitated the evaluation of trends in preservation administration, conservation, reformatting / digitization, and digital preservation activities. In addition to the Report, the FY2013 Survey data set is also available for download.

The Preservation Statistics Survey is a project to document and analyze the preservation activities of cultural heritage institutions in the United States. The Preservation Statistics Survey is an effort coordinated by the Preservation and Reformatting Section (PARS) of the American Library Association (ALA) and the Association of Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS).   For more information, visit the Preservation Statistics website:
http://www.ala.org/alcts/resources/preservation/presstats

In anticipation of the FY2014 Preservation Statistics Survey, which will open in January 2015 and be significantly shortened to include only production-based data (administrative and budgetary data will be collected approximately every three years), view a preview of the questionnaire:
http://www.ala.org/alcts/sites/ala.org.alcts/files/content/resources/preserv/presstats/FY2014-PresStats-preview-ques.pdf

And, if helpful, utilize the Preservation Statistics worksheet to organize and gather your data:
http://www.ala.org/alcts/sites/ala.org.alcts/files/content/resources/preserv/presstats/FY2014-PresStats-worksheet.xlsx

Let us know how you are using the Preservation Statistics reports and data! We are collecting stories about how this program and the long legacy of the ARL Preservation Statistics data is helpful in program planning, budget requests, other advocacy and research. Contact us: [log in to unmask]com

Thanks,
Annie Peterson - Preservation Librarian, Tulane University
Holly Robertson - Preservation Consultant, Washington, D.C.
Nick Szydlowski - Digital Services and Institutional Repository Librarian, Boston College Law Library
Preservation Statistics Survey Coordinators and Report Authors

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

The ARCHIVES & ARCHIVISTS (A&A) LIST is sponsored by the Society of American Archivists. The opinions expressed on the A&A List do not necessarily represent those of SAA and are not endorsed by the Society.

To post to the list, send messages to [log in to unmask].

To unsubscribe or to modify your subscription settings, log in at:
     http://www.archivists.org/listservs/change.asp

     To read the list archives:
     September 2006 to Present: http://forums.archivists.org/read/?forum=archives

April 1993 to September 2006: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html

To view the A&A List Terms of Participation, visit:
    http://www2.archivists.org/listservs/archives

A&A List Coordinator:
    Melanie Mueller

Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP