Hi M,

Yes, well I knew that, and I assumed that others on the list did too which is why I didn’t mention it. But now for anyone who didn’t know, they now surely do. Thanks for the link.

~Caroline Tully.

From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of M. S. Spencer
Sent: Monday, 1 September 2014 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] BOOKS: The Yezidis: The History of a Community, Culture and Religion

Since we are talking about neopagan appropriation of Yezidi culture it might be worth mentioning that, at this moment - Islamic State in Iraq is enacting a genocide against them. Trapped on Mount Sinjar Yezidi are being starved to death while captured Yezidi women are being sold as wives.

Just some context. Only seems fair to mention it...

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=yezidi+isis <https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=yezidi+isis&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gfe_rd=cr&ei=g7IDVIpgzI3xB7CZgZgO#q=yazidi+isis&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=nws> &ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gfe_rd=cr&ei=g7IDVIpgzI3xB7CZgZgO#q=yazidi+isis&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=nws

Back to your regularly scheduled chatting.

~M