Eve, if you're reluctant to skin the marmot, or feel that you don't have
the technique, why not go down to the store, buy a whole fresh chicken,
and skin that? Almost exactly the same deal in terms of tissue layers &
feel. Use a scalpel or XActo knife instead of regular kitchen utensils.
And unlike the 'hog, you CAN safely eat the chicken afterwards. Go for it!
-- Dr. Deb