Dear All

We have had a technical hitch on our booking form for Talking Townscape - it was rejecting anyone trying to order more than one ticket - we have created a 'work around' so it should now be possible for you to register (and bring all your friends!). To register to take part, simply complete the form here http://www.talkingtownscape14.eventbrite.co.uk/

Would you like to join us on a celebratory walk from the Tower to Westminster on Monday 11 August from 6.00pm?  It is a walk to mark the life and influence of Gordon Cullen, architect, illustrator and visual urbanist (b. August 1914)?

Writing in the Architectural Review, Gordon Cullen encapsulated the concept of visual coherence and organisation of our urban environment, under the theme of ‘townscape’.  He wrote a seminal book with the title ‘Townscape’ published in 1961. Some have argued that many of his ideas and observations were not sufficiently robust, others have seen him in better light, as a significant contributor to visual urbanism, architectural history, and urban design as well as an accomplished illustrator.

Along the route, we will be stopping to discuss (photograph & sketch) themes that Cullen described in ‘Townscape’, that encapsulated his arguments that visual coherence and organisation of buildings, streets and places contribute on a human scale to the civility of our cities.

The walk is free but we would welcome donations to a fund we are putting together to create an annual 3-day ‘Talking Townscape Festival’ each  August and an on-line platform to publicise walks and events to celebrate Cullen’s life and work.

To register to take part, simply complete the form here
http://www.talkingtownscape14.eventbrite.co.uk/
- please arrive promptly at the start and bring with you any Cullen ephemera you may have - copies of books, plans, photographs or drawings. If you can't make the start, do register and check in with us to know times in the walk where we will be passing points specific landmarks.

More details (as they emerge) at Talking Townscape
talkingtownscape.org.uk (under construction)
talkingtownscape.tumblr.com
#talkingtownscape

Apologies for cross-posting!

Best, Andrew