Dear urban drainage expert,

[Apologies for cross postings]

As the Summer holidays come to an end, we would like to remind you about the open invitation to the RainGain Project “International Workshop on Urban Pluvial Flood Modelling”, to be held on 6th October 2014 between 9:15 and 17:30 at the Met Office, Exeter, UK.

I know some people have recently experienced problems when registering for the event (the event appeared to be ‘sold out’), but the problems have been resolved and we still have some places available at the workshop!

The workshop will include short talks by international speakers, as well as interactive discussions around four main topics:

ˇ         Approaches to the modelling of urban storm water drainage systems and urban pluvial flooding

ˇ         Approaches and techniques for rapid urban pluvial (surface water) flood modelling

ˇ         Urban drainage/pluvial flood model calibration, verification and uncertainty estimation:

ˇ         Operational urban pluvial flood models for real time applications

The workshop will be followed by a guided tour through the Flood Forecasting Centre (between 17:45 and 18:45).

The full workshop programme can be found in the file attached. Please check our project website for updates on the programme as well as directions to the Met Office and hotel recommendations in Exeter.

This workshop is addressed to urban drainage / flood modelling and management professionals, including practitioners and researchers. It is free of charge and is open to anyone wanting to attend (feel free to pass this invitation on to any colleagues for whom this workshop may be of interest).

If you wish to participate, please register before 19th September using this link:

http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/raingain-international-workshop-on-urban-pluvial-flood-modelling-tickets-12001794691

Please note that the Met Office requires additional ID details prior to your attendance – this is why we ask for more details than usual in the registration process.

We look forward to seeing you in Exeter on 6th October!

With kind regards,

Susana Ochoa – on behalf of the UK RainGain team

Susana Ochoa Rodríguez, MSc

PhD Student

Imperial College London

Urban Water Research Group (UWRG)

EWRE Section, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering

Telephone: + 44 (0)20 7594 6018

Email: [log in to unmask]

Personal Web Page: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/people/s.ochoa-rodriguez

Logo_Small_Smaller