1. Again, you should not be making any assumptions. It is important to know the acquisition parameters. (regarding the axial slice you posted, look at the sagittal and coronal views) As you see in the other views, it is not parallel to the top of the head, it is not quite perpendicular to the brainstem/pons/medulla; it *might* be perpendicular to the spinal cord and body, but I don't know and I don't think it matters.
2. In my own brain, the AC and PC would not be in the same horizontal plane unless I were to tilt my head a certain way. Since that would be uncomfortable for 60 minutes, the MRI techs are nice enough to tilt the acquisition plane instead.
3. I suppose they should look the same (all other parameters being equal). But I don't know.

Do you have some images and you're trying to guess what the acquisition plane was?