If you're talking about doing a VBM-style analysis, then honestly I think your slices are too thick to do anything with it. Unless someone else has ideas, you might be out of luck.

From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Ramesh Babu [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2014 3:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] Need some suggestion

Dear SPM Members,

I am planning to conduct the retrospective study on MRI of Migraine patients. There are plenty of MRI images of migraine patients  are available. For diagnostic purpose, different types of MRI sequence (Axial T2 FLAIR, SE Axial T1, Sag.T1, COR T2 FRFSE, COR T2 FLAIR, COR 3D SPGR and DWI) were taken.

Images were acquired by using 1.5T GE Scanner. Most of them are 2D images.

I would like to use T1 images (2D) to correlate the changes in the brain region (pain processing regions) with pain intensity scale & duration of illness.

These images are acquired by using following sequences;

Sag T1: TE-8 ms; TR-360ms, Thickness-5mm, slices-21

SE axial T1: TE-13ms, TR-700ms, Thickness-5 mm, slices-27.

Could any one suggest me what type of analysis is possible with these images sequences and which software can be used?

Thanks in advance
Ramesh