Dear colleagues

* Apologies for any cross-posting *

We'd like to bring your attention to the new Autumn programme of NatCen Learning<http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcen-learning/> workshops, as well as our popular suite of research skills courses this year we are introducing new workshops exploring at social media and their use in research and academic practice:

§  An introduction to blogging and twitter for social researchers<https://bookings.natcen.ac.uk/product?catalog=Introblogg&_ga=1.132238350.1043436503.1405786920> - September 16th - We're delighted that Mark Carrigan will be running a new workshop focusing on how to make the best use of social media tools for communicating your research. Covering blogging, Twitter and a range of other social media tools, helping you to improve your confidence and understanding of the role of social media for research engagement. Mark is a regular blogger and podcaster and is currently working on a new book Social Media for Academics due to be published in 2015. He co-edits the Sociological Imagination, convenes the Quantified-Self Research Network and is a founding member of the editorial board of Discover Society

§  Applying social network analysis to social media data<https://bookings.natcen.ac.uk/product?catalog=socianetwo&_ga=1.190914858.1043436503.1405786920> - October 3rd - Dhiraj Murthy, author of Twitter: Social Communication in the Twitter Age. (2013),  will introduce a range of techniques and tools for social network analysis of social media data, including Twitter and Facebook data. This is an introductory workshop which will be ideal if you're just starting out and want to gain a grounding in the main tools and approaches for the analysis of social media networks.

Other workshops coming up :

§  Introduction to qualitative research - 17th September

§  The analysis of qualitative data - 23rd & 24th September

§  Introduction to Framework in NVivo - 25th September

§  Research with children and young people - 30th September

§  Managing challenging interviews -  8th October

All of our workshops are VAT free and we give a 20% discount on fees for UK academics, students and those working in the voluntary and third sector.

You can find out more about all these courses and how to book your place here: http://www.natcen.ac.uk/natcen-learning/ or you can call us on  020 7549 8577

Kandy Woodfield
NatCen Learning
NatCen - Social Research that works for society

Tel:     020 7549 8577

NatCen's 31st British Social Attitudes Report is freely available online: www.bsa-31.natcen.ac.uk<http://www.bsa-31.natcen.ac.uk/>

Find out about our latest courses and events. http://www.natcen.ac.uk/events-and-training

NatCen Social Research
35 Northampton Square
London EC1V 0AX
020 7250 1866

Visit our website. www.natcen.ac.uk
Read our latest blog. natcenblog.blogspot.com
Follow us. @NatCen
Email us. [log in to unmask]

NatCen Social Research is accredited to the following international standards: ISO 20252:2006 Market, opinion and social research, and ISO 27001:2005 Information Security Management.

Company limited by guarantee. Registered in England No. 4392418. Charity registered in England and Wales (1091768) and in Scotland (SC038454).

Confidentiality: The information in this email and any attachments are confidential and may include some that is legally privileged. It must not be disclosed to or used by persons other than the intended recipient. If received in error, please notify us immediately and then delete this document.
Content: Any views or opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of NatCen Social Research. Please note the content of this e-mail may be intercepted, monitored or recorded for compliance purposes. Sensitive personal data should not normally be transmitted by e-mail.
Copyright: Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments created by NatCen Social Research belong to NatCen Social Research unless otherwise stated.
Care: NatCen Social Research shall not be liable to the recipient or any third party for any loss or damage howsoever arising from this e-mail and/or its content, including loss or damage caused by virus. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure the opening or use of this message and any attachments shall not adversely affect systems or data.