Dear all,

I understand that the call for streams and papers (abstracts) is now out for the upcoming BSA Conference next year, which as you may be aware is taking place at Glasgow Caledonian University, and I am emailing the Scottish Study Group List to solicit interest in doing something on the Sociology of Scotland or cognate areas . For what are obvious reasons, it seems to me that we ought to have a presence at the conference at it would be helpful, I feel, if the Study Group were to help coordinate this.

Liz Dinnie, one of our Study Group convenors, has already put a proposal together -  a Stream, Plenary, but it would be possible perhaps to look at other events; a grouped session or sessions, for example, or a dedicated Study Group meeting.

Perhaps we can use the list to gauge interest in organising something and/or to discuss potential events; at least in the first instance, while I am lead to believe Liz will be advertising her proposed Plenary session in due course.

Regards,

--
Andrew Samuel
Lecturer

Abertay University
Scotland's leading modern university for psychology research (RAE 2008)
Abertay University is a charity registered in Scotland, no. SC016040