SciDev.Net supports freelancers in developing countries in Africa and
elsewhere. Plus they're really lovely and helpful people - worth getting in
touch!  Here's their page on training partnerships:
http://www.scidev.net/global/content/work-with-us.html

Also B4FA runs a media fellowship for journalists / scicommers from
Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda:
http://b4fa.org/media-fellowship-programme/

Cheers
Chris