Hi everyone,

Ideal job here for knowledgeable, thoughtful, and ambitious sci-commers looking to make a step up.

The British Science Association has been busy appointing lots of people to the new roles we advertised recently (including, I'm pleased to say, Ivvet Modinou as our incoming Head of Engagement).

However, there's one role where we didn't get quite the range of candidates that we were hoping for, so we've tweaked the role description slightly and are re-advertising with a rolling deadline.

Public Engagement Policy Manager; £30-33k

We're looking for someone to run and develop our program of support and development for the science public engagement sector.

The main immediate elements of that will be running our annual Science Communication Conference, developing our work on science-in-the-media, and managing our policy interests (things like Sciencewise and Public Attitudes to Science, when they arise). We hope it'll also develop into running campaigns and other policy work.

I think it'd really suit someone who's been living and breathing sci-comm/public engagement for a few years and looking to take a step up into supporting development and best practice in the sector as a whole, rather than focus on direct delivery of sci-comm for a specific organisation or audience.

Full details are in the link above. The rolling deadline means that we're looking to interview people as soon as possible. If, once you've had a look at the full person spec, you'd like to have an informal chat with me or someone in the team before committing to putting together an application then do let me know and we'll arrange something.

Best,
Imran

--

Imran Khan
Chief Executive

t:
+44 (0)20 7019 4926 m: +44 (0)7967 831 333 tw: @imrankhan

web: www.britishscienceassociation.org

PA: [log in to unmask]

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on behalf of
the British Science Association (http://www.britishscienceassociation.org)

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com