We’ve been told & in those codes; oh yeah, L.

Those signals reinforce the negativity of the first stanza neatly…

What ‘will be’ & all that…

Yep

Doug
On Aug 13, 2014, at 9:32 AM, Lawrence Upton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The culprits will not confess. They shall be subjected
>
> to further pain. The organs of sexual pleasure
>
> and reproduction will be tampered with.
>

> Deep fears will be exacerbated. A train
>
> passes. One knows with certainty that all shall be well
>
> if all persist; all that are well. We've been told.
>

> A broken voice repeats its final words,
>
> tongue carved into burning glossolalias,
>
> tuning a radio to broadcast codes of consent,
>
> sliding along the confidence tracks at party time

Douglas Barbour

Recent publications: (With Sheila E Murphy) Continuations & Continuation 2 (UofAPress).
Recording Dates (Rubicon Press).

Something else is out there
godamnit

And I want to hear it