It is sad, but not just of America. (Surely a name like No Men) should do
the trick.

When I was teaching Computer Science, my Head of Sector - whose Science
knowledge came from airport self-improvement books, complained that we were
teaching material way beyond the students' current level. After inquiring,
at a level appropriate to her Communication Skills, it turned out that we
were using "Advanced Word Processing" materials.

I explained it was to try to ensure that we received coherent documents as
well as giving them a transferable skill. Yes, she said, but you shouldn't
do advanced work in the first year.

So we took the word out and reprinted.

Some years ago, either in Portsmouth or Plymouth, big difference I know,
but I only remember the P and the mouth - there must be a joke there - some
years ago a doctor was hounded from her house by crowd-cum-mob, smashing
windows and threatening more, while the police stood and watched,
apparently persuaded she was getting her just deserts.

She was a paediatrician; and the mob knew that means she has sex with
children.

So, as Vonnegut remarked, it goes