yup we are still moving but not sure that makes a movement.

Open source , open data , open educational resources  all part of this and folks and even corporations get involved for very different ideological reasons

I think look for parallels in other forms of open practice and I think open education and open educational resources are pretty much thriving

Know why my organisation is interested - all about opening up access and improving the quality of opportunities for learning
On a personal note it is about empowering teachers and learners .
Learning is essentially all about sharing knowledge and developing skills and competences around this

Have a look at what dishwasher repair men now share on youtube . They are doing OER but would not know term .

Joe Wilson
Head of New Ventures
Scottish Qualifications Authority
Tel 0845 213  5389