Meg, you might check the following:

    H. Leclercq, " Lorica" in *Dictionnaire d'archéologie chrétienne et de
liturgie,* v. 9, pt.2, col. 2511-2514.

    Gearóid S. Mac Eoin, "Some Icelandic Loricae", *Studia Hibernica *3
(1963): 143-154 [JStor].

-- Paul

--
Paul Chandler, O.Carm.
Holy Spirit Seminary  |  PO Box 18 (487 Earnshaw Road)  |  Banyo Qld 4014
 |  Australia
office: (07) 3246 9888  |  home: (07) 3246 9894