Hi Andrew,

We are using 'Kiosk Pro' app which I think it does exactly what you describe. It hides any browser tools and can be used for full screen view to imitate an app environment. The main 'home' button is still active so you would have to hide it someway (e.g. By placing a frame around the iPad).

Hope this helps.

Faidon Loumakis
User experience consultant
Fluent Interaction