Thanks very much everyone for really helpful responses.

Mia I would love to see the crowdsourcing design slides, yes please. Are they on slideshare?

I saw Waisda presented at (I think) the FIAT Metadata Seminar in Hilversum last year, really exciting of course, and in fact Johan Oomen has been in touch so I'm going to follow up with him.

Some slides from the FIAT event:
http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/beheerderbeeldengeluid

At that event I also saw Yves Raimond (then BBC R&D) talk about the World Service speech to text followed by Crowdsourcing initiative, ie:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/legacy/researchanddevelopment/2012/03/automatically-tagging-the-worl.shtml

That really struck a chord, and in fact I'm hoping to work with project Comma, which is emerging from that R&D work with the aim of generating a platform for cloud processing of media, eg metadata creation by automation models:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/comma

Anyway, thanks again MCG. I'll be following up individually too.

All the best
Stephen

Sent from my iPad