Preserving PDF: identify, validate, repair

Registration
There's just under one week left to register for our next event 'Preserving PDF: identify, validate, repair, which takes place on 1-2 September at the German National Library of Economics in Hamburg. To register visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/preserving-pdf-identify-validate-repair-registration-12203790867.

Test data and tools
We've put together some information about the tools and test data sets that we will be using at the event, and some links to pre-reading materials to help participants prepare for the event. Take a look at our latest blog post to find out more: http://openplanetsfoundation.org/blogs/2014-08-12-coming-preserving-pdf-identify-validate-repair-hamburg.

Why attend?
*Learn about PDF and PDF/A standards
*Document and prioritise known preservation problems with PDF files
*Assess state of the art identification and validation tools
*Test the tools on sample files and compare the results
*Define organisational requirements and policies for conformance
*Identify requirements for future development work (road-mapping)
*Help improve current PDF tools (hacking)

More information
To see the full event overview and agenda, please visit the event wiki page: http://wiki.opf-labs.org/display/KB/2014-09-01+Preserving+PDF+-+identify,+validate,+repair. Please do get in touch with us if you have any questions about the event.

We hope to see you in Hamburg!

Kind Regards,

Rebecca McGuinness | Community Manager
Open Planets Foundation