Hi all

I think Martha's point is absolutely right, and certainly from our POV
we've been lucky enough to get almost 100% of our work referred.

re. Tony's point - t's certainly the case that companies like ours
simply don't have the time or resources (or *need* to spend this time,
given how busy we are without it!) going through massive tender
documents. I do worry that along the way the kind of procurement that is
typically a part of this kind of "big IT" can often miss off the
smaller, more creative, more interesting agencies and individuals - but
at the same time there are obviously checks and balances that need to be
met when spending fairly large pots of (public) money.

We quite often see the trickle-down effect that Tony mentioned - we'll
get contacted by a larger agency who has done and won a tender and wants
a partner to do some of the work - and I don't really have a problem
with this. The only downside is that longer billing chains typically
involve a slice to each agency along the way so the end result is always
going to be more expensive..

cheers

Mike

*Mike Ellis *

Thirty8 Digital: a small but perfectly formed digital
agency:http://thirty8.co.uk <http://thirty8.co.uk/>

* My book: http://heritageweb.co.uk <http://heritageweb.co.uk/> *