Apologies for cross posting

We currently have some vacancies on the JIBs committee.  We are particularly interested in people with a research interest, and someone to represent  FE, but also Eresources and subject librarians.

There are 2 main branches to our activity: workshops, and enhancement and liaison group work.

http://www.jibs.ac.uk/role.html

We run 2 workshops per year, see the Events section of our website. There are a variety of enhancement groups, including Scopus, Proquest, Ebsco, British Standards Online. Most of those groups meet a couple of times a year and we discuss the minutes of each at our committee meetings. (Note that not everyone attends all of these meetings)

We have 3 committee meetings a year, are usually April, September and December, plus the AGM in February. We host meetings at our universities, taking turns to host. JIBs pay expenses for food and travel.

If you are interested, please reply by 30th September 2014 to express interest with a short paragraph about what you currently do.

Thank you

Fiona Bowtell

Chair, JIBs User Group

Learning and Teaching Librarian (Faculty of Maths, Computing and Technology)

Library Helpdesk Coordinator

Library Services, The Open University

01908 654798 | [log in to unmask] | www.open.ac.uk/library