From: Library and Information Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Armstrong
Sent: 21 August 2014 14:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Information on CILIP membership numbers since CILIP was founded

Like Karen, I also served on Council at about that time and membership numbers were reported at virtually every meeting. One of the aspects I remember - and commented on at the time - was that despite graphs showing downward trends, they were always reported to the Trustees positively... (Bob and I had a history over the words "spin" and "gloss"!) so that we might (might) see them as a blip in an otherwise wonderful world.

Nothing changes.

Chris Armstrong
Information Automation Limited