**Apologies for cross posting**

PUBLICATION ETHICS: FRAUD AND MISCONDUCT

Date: 5 November 2014

Venue: West One, 9-10 Portland Place, London, W1B 1PR

OVERVIEW

A wide range of ethical issues can arise in academic publishing. These can be caused by misbehaving authors (e.g. committing plagiarism or fraud), by abuse of editorial positions and also by conflicts between publishers’ and societies’ commercial interests and principles of editorial freedom and integrity. This course will cover how to effectively detect and deal with possible misconduct and show the importance of having sound ethical policies. While the principles and theories covered are applicable across most publication types, some issues covered will be particularly relevant to journals publishing.

DELEGATE COMMENTS

'Expected it to be complex, subtle and interesting and it was. Excellent presentations, clear and took time to investigate and explain.' Deborah Owen, Nutrition Society

'Very clear and concise. I really valued the speakers starting at baseline for everything although I have experience in some areas - others are completely new to me.' Jessica Webster, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists

'Really good interactive course with lots of opportunities to ask questions relating to individual experiences.' Lara Finan, Cancer Intelligence Ltd

'Was a very interesting insight and easy to follow and understand - will directly benefit my work. Course material very comprehensive - great having it all together.' Alison Firth, Royal Society of Public Health

TUTORS:  Donna Neill, Wiley and Blackwell Publishing and Elizabeth Wager, Consultant

This course has been developed in collaboration with the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)

Book or email [log in to unmask]

Melissa Marshall

Training and Admin Coordinator

E: [log in to unmask] T: +44 (0) 1892 618219

W: www.alpsp.org Follow us on Twitter: @alpsp

Book now for ALPSP International Conference 10-12 September www.alpspconference.org

ALPSP is a Company limited by guarantee and incorporated in England and Wales Registration no: 4081634. Registered Office: 1-3 Ship Street, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex BN43 5DH UK

DISCLAIMER: This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the person(s) entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. This email may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ALPSP. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please return it to the sender immediately and delete it completely from your computer system.