From: Discussion list for Shibboleth developments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Agland J.D.
Sent: 26 August 2014 10:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Kerberos and LDAP

On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 09:17 +0100, Colleen Romero wrote:
> Does anyone know how to set up Shibboleth IdP to use Kerberos SSO against Windows Active Directory, but failover to LDAP if user is not logged onto a AD domain member?

Any documentation I've seen suggests using source IP address to
determine whether they go via Kerberos SSO or not.  Obviously, that
probably just means machines which are part of said AD domain /
infrastructure, and take care to avoid Wireless / BYOD provision in the
IP address ranges used.

Good reason to have a well-structured and documented network to work
with...

Cheers

Jon

--
Jon Agland

E-Learning Advisor - Technical Infrastructure
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Jisc RSC Wales | Jisc RSC Cymru
Swansea University | Prifysgol Abertawe
Emily Phipps Building | Adeilad Emily Phipps
Hendrefoilan | Hendrefoelan
Swansea | Abertawe
Wales | Cymru
SA2 7QW

Phone | Ffôn 01792 295548  / 07814 699547
Email [log in to unmask] | Ebost [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscrsc.ac.uk/wales
http://blog.rsc-wales.ac.uk
http://www.swansea.ac.uk | http://www.abertawe.ac.uk

The University welcomes correspondence in Welsh and English | Mae’r Brifysgol yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg ac yn Saesneg.

The contents of this email are confidential and for the intended recipient only. If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender and delete the message. | Mae cynnwys yr ebost hwn yn gyfrinachol a dim ond y derbynnydd a fwriadwyd a ddylai ei ddarllen. Os derbynioch y neges mewn camgymeriad, rhowch wybod i’r anfonydd a dilëwch y neges.

Swansea University is a registered charity. No. 1138342 | Mae Prifysgol Abertawe yn elusen gofrestredig. Rhif. 1138342

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee
only. It may  contain confidential or sensitive
information.  The contents are not to be disclosed
to anyone other than the addressee.  Unauthorised
recipients are requested to preserve this
confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in
transmission.  Any views expressed in this message
are solely the views of the individual and do not
represent the views of the College.  Nothing in this
message should be construed as creating a contract.

Hull College owns the email infrastructure, including the contents.

Hull College is committed to sustainability, please reflect before printing this email.

TEXT