Dear all,

As you may be aware, EH has commissioned a project, which I am project managing, to look at issues involved in data supply and reconciliation between the English Heritage ‘National Record of the Historic Environment’ (NRHE) (also known as the NMR ‘AMIE’ database) and HERs, within the NHPP activity Enhancing the Capabilities of Historic Environment Records (http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/protection/national-heritage-protection-plan/activities/5c1). To this end, a workshop has been proposed for Thursday 6th November 2014 in Birmingham to discuss issues relating to the supply of non-designated (terrestrial) heritage data that is currently contained within the NRHE to HERs and the management of that data by HERs. The aims of the workshop will be to develop a set of principles and a series of possible methods for supplying and reconciling data.

We are looking for between 16 to 21 attendees from a variety of different types of Local Authority historic environment records (single tier/two tier, shared services, etc.) The workshop is a free event, starting with coffee at 10:30 and finishing at 16:00 (with lunch provided).

Shortly after this workshop there will be an online discussion on HER Forum about the issues raised in supplying and reconciling data between NRHE and HERs – so if you can’t attend this workshop, you will be able to participate in this discussion.

Places will be limited for this event, but all who subscribe to this list are very welcome to register an expression of interest. If you would like to attend, please indicate your expression of interest by registering on this website: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/data-supply-and-reconciliation-between-nrhe-and-hers-workshop-tickets-12524819071. We will confirm whether you have a place at the workshop by early-to-mid October, at which point we’d also send ‘round a more detailed briefing document.

We hope you can make the workshop.

Best regards,

Graham

p.s. Please register your expression of interest via EventBrite (link above). However, if you can’t get EventBrite to work (it’s blocked by your IT service, for example), do just email me directly.

--
Graham Tait
Archaeologist

Twitter: @DevonHistEnv