You think the old mistake, of getting information and then hiding it, has been committed again by various governments?

Not unlikely.

On 31 Jul 2014 11:53, "Julian Bradley" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Taken an interest - family connection to Sierra Leone, urgent care interest, medical interest.

Until July 23rd statistics were coming out fairly regularly, perhaps a couple of times a week, and the quoted figures of >1000 cases and 672 deaths are from that date.

Since that time I haven't been able to find any new stats online.

The best explanation for this is that it's settling down - some of the daily counts just before 23/7 looked hopeful.

However the COBRA in London and now the declaration of a public health emergency in Sierra Leone don't seem consistent with a problem that's nearly resolved.

Equally I don't believe that MSF and the UN aren't counting deaths and reporting daily - which implies that there is a bit of a news control operation on.

It is difficult to raise such issues without the accusation of panic mongering, and the information I've seen on infectivity is absolutely consistent with the news broadcasts, this is low risk (eg. of infectivity, entry to the UK etc) high stakes rather than high risk high stakes.  However just to put on record that closing down the regular information is far more alarming than sharing it honestly, and media manipulation becomes self defeating.